The mission of Equitas Academy Charter Schools is to provide a structured, achievement-based community that prepares students to graduate from four-year colleges and universities.
Equitas Academcy offers:
- A strong organizational culture, focused on our mission of preparing all scholars for four-year colleges.
- A community that is committed to building and sustaining a diverse, inclusive and equitable organization.
- A coach who provides consistent, relevant, and individualized feedback based on in-class observations.
- The opportunity to grow as a professional and advance to leadership roles in the organization such as grade level lead, instructional coach, dean, and school director.
- Supportive professional development including paid professional development, training, and team building in the summer, and weekly professional development throughout the school year.
- Diverse, collaborative, supportive, and reflective teams that work together to deliver high quality instruction for our scholars.
- A school grounded in the Pico-Union neighborhood with a strong commitment to community and family engagement.
- Leadership teams that are supportive, reflective and seek out teacher voice and feedback.
- A positive, joyful, and collaborative social environment that leads to long-lasting relationships.
- A clean, organized environment that maximizes time to focus on instructional practice and scholar learning.
- Consistent behavior management systems and a structured classroom environment.
- A rigorous and aligned curriculum with a variety of resources.
The ideal candidate believes that all students can meet high expectations, master rigorous instruction, and have the potential to be wildly successful in college. You believe that parents and family relationships are critical to student success. You believe that that there is always more to learn. You believe in and work for the potential of all students. You build strong relationships with colleagues and families. You have a desire to learn, grow, and work in a feedback rich environment.
- A competitive salary scale that honors your years of teaching experience and your academic success with your scholars.
- A variety of health benefit plans so you can choose the option that best fits your needs (and the needs of your family if applicable). Dental, Vision and Group Term Life/AD&D as well as Group Voluntary Term Life Insurance are also offered.
- California's State Teacher Retirement System (CalSTRS) retirement matching and optional 403b plan.
- Generous time off including winter break, spring break, twelve holidays, and ten sick days.
- Regular professional development including three weeks in the summer and weekly sessions during the school year.
- 1:1 regular coaching with a master teacher or school leader.