Dr. Lena Edwards Academic Charter School is a K-8 school located in Jersey City, NJ, and we believe in the importance of building a positive school culture for students and staff.
We leverage the "7 Gears to Success " to nurture college and career ready students in every grade. The gears are: Music and Arts, Mentoring, Parent University, STEM, After School Program, Health and Wellness, and Social and Emotional Character Ed.
We offer 6 Specials – Character Ed, Music, Science Enrichment in a dedicated enrichment lab, Art, Computer Science, in a MAC lab, and Physical Ed.
To be a successful Special Education Teacher, candidates need a distinct personality to handle the different kinds of children and parents and maintain a level of professionalism. Some of the most important skills/qualifications they should have include:
● Ability to build good relationships with children, parents, teachers and school staff
● Ability to work well with children from different backgrounds who have different abilities
● Well-organized and self-driven to devise and adopt new techniques for classroom management
● Ability to manage the classroom despite challenging behavior
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Compassionate, kind and patient with kids
● Excellent leader and mentor for students
● Strong attention to detail and an inquisitive mind to understand each individual student
● At least 2 years of prior teaching experience in K-12
● NJ DOE Certification
Paid time off, Holidays, Health benefits, Tuition Reimbursement