District 35 strives to be a community where all learners, families, and staff are embraced, valued equally, and served equitably.
Glencoe School District educates the whole child to…
…maximize creative and critical thinking skills.
…fully challenge and realize physical, social, and cognitive abilities.
…nurture unique learning styles, interests, strengths, and pace.
…provide a solid foundation for the next phase of education and for learning throughout life.
It is housed in three age-centered facilities: South School, grades K-2, with approximately 400 students; West School, grades 3 and 4, with approximately 275 students; and Central School, grades 5-8, housing approximately 600 students. Glencoe School District’s underlying goal is to prepare students to be responsible, caring, and contributing citizens.
We seek educators who are caring, child-centered, and willing to continually reflect as they respond to student needs. We welcome educators with a strong lens on social-emotional development and a willingness to provide a responsive learning environment for our students.
The following is a list of the additional benefits for full-time Teacher position:
(For a part-time teacher, the medical insurance benefit would be prorated to your percentage.)
- Board paid Life Insurance in the amount of $5,000.00.
- Board paid Long Term Disability at the rate of 60% - 70% of the annual salary.
- 15 sick days, Fifteen (15) sick leave days per year in years 1 through 10, sixteen (16) days in years 11 through 20, and seventeen (17) in years 21 and beyond accumulating to 480 days.
- 3 personal days per year, balance beyond accumulating to sick leave.
- Employment – 182 days per year
- Winter Break (2 weeks) and Spring Break (1 week)
Choice of the following insurance (sheltered from taxes)
Employer Contribution: Single PPO @ 85%; Dependent @ 70%
Single HMO @ 95%; Dependent @ 70%