Founded in 2013, Alif Schoolhouse is a Muslim community-based early childhood learning program, located in historic Hyde Park. We are a “micro-school” (maximum of 15 students) that utilizes a child-centered holistic approach to learning. Our uniquely structured program is designed to thoughtfully bridge the child's learning experience to their home life by integrating parents into the school experience. Our small classroom structure and impressive support network aim to empower teachers to bring their best to the classroom and experience sincere joy through their work.
Utilizing this evidence-based approach allows us to collectively raise more confident, curious, and resilient learners. We seek to nurture a strong sense of self-awareness and aspiration during this crucial and delicate stage of development. We are currently seeking a teacher for our mixed-age early childhood program for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Willingness to learn, collaborate and focus on children
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree for Lead teacher position
- Prior experience working in an early childhood program, or ability to demonstrate good rapport with this age group.
- Familiarity with multiple curriculum approaches including but not limited Montessori or Waldorf. Training or certification in these learning styles is preferred, but not required.
- A strong understanding of approaches to differentiated instruction and must acknowledge that all children learn in unique ways
- Must pass a background check