WHIN Music Community Charter School is the first school of its kind! Built on the principles of El Sistema, WHIN is a place where children learn, grow, and make music together. At WHIN, we are building a nucleo, a community where staff, families, and students work together to make a powerful shift in public education that puts learners’ needs first.
To provide our diverse student population with rigorous academic instruction, intensive music education and a positive learning environment so that every student can thrive academically and personally.
• that all children deserve a high quality education, with access to academic rigor, music creation, and a holistic approach to developing character.
• that a collaboration with families ensures the greatest success for our learners.
• that restorative justice, inquiry-based hands on learning, and authentic learning experiences provide the most effective environments for growth, success, and joy.
We are looking for teachers who are…
• looking to grow and prosper in a collaborative work environment, including in co-taught classrooms.
• excited about teaching in a school and neighborhood where diversity is central.
• highly qualified and certified in Special Education, English as a New Language, and/or Early Childhood Education.
We support teachers by…
• coaching and professional growth to deepen instructional practices.
• peer-to-peer observations, feedback, and support as well as ongoing professional development.
• having two teachers co-teaching to ensure all learners’ needs are met and teachers can work collaboratively to be at their best.
In action, our mission looks like caring deeply about all aspects of our young learners’ potential. We make academics a priority while also ensuring students’ character and personal growth. With music at our core, students experience working together to create something bigger than their individual skills every single day, and this approach extends to our classrooms where project-based, hands on learning cultivates curious, creative, and hardworking learners.
WHIN Music Community Charter School offers a competitive salary and benefits, fun and professional working environment, as well as ongoing development opportunities.
Our robust benefits package includes:
• Customizable Medical, Dental, and Vision plans so you can create a personalized health care package for you and your family’s needs.
• Up to 6% 403(b) Discretionary Retirement fund determined annually by the Board of Directors
• Free Disability coverage: WHIN pays 100% of the premium for Short and Long Term Disability insurance, which covers 60% of an employee's salary, should they ever have a need to go out on a leave of absence
• Free Life Insurance coverage: WHIN pays 100% of the premium for Basic Life Insurance at 1x's the employee salary. Employee has the ability to purchase extra life insurance for themselves, their spouse, and their child(ren) at very affordable rates and if they have leftover benefit bucks, they can use their benefit bucks to cover the premium
• Conveniently located off the A, C, 1, 2, and 3 subway lines.
• A position at an extremely unique, exciting, music focused charter school
• A collaborative and fun working environment working alongside committed, open-minded, and kind professionals