The John Thomas Dye School (JTD) is an independent, co-educational school serving 336 students in Grades K-6 on an 11-acre campus in Bel Air neighborhood of Los Angeles. Since its founding in 1929, JTD has stayed true to the Mission of our founders, Cathryn and John Dye, to provide “a program of academic excellence, one both traditional and dynamic.” There are core elements of education that are timeless, and yet the tools and strategies we use to deliver on that education must emulate the world our children will occupy as adults. We also know that we have a responsibility to prepare our children to be contributing members of their community in the future, and as such, we emphasize 21st century skills, character education, and service learning. JTD is committed to a diverse faculty and staff that represents our student body and the greater Los Angeles area.
Teaching candidates should have at least 2 years of prior classroom experience. A multi-subject credential or master's in education or a related field is preferred. Experience with core programs such as Teachers College Reading and Writing Project or Singapore Math is a plus for homeroom teachers and English and math teachers. Candidates should demonstrate cultural competency and possess a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Candidates must be able to work as part of a co-teaching team, grade level, and division structure.
- Health benefits: medical plan 100% subsidized for employee; vision/dental insurance
- $50k life insurance at no cost
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts (HSA and dependent care)
- 403b match
- Graduate school loan forgiveness program
- Continuing education tuition reimbursement program
- Lunch provided
- Professional development budget of $2500/employee
- Travel grants
- Curriculum development grants
- Tuition remission of 50% for employee children (must qualify through admissions process)