Established in 1972, the St. Thomas More Play Group offers a small, traditional nonsectarian nursery program for children two through five years of age.
Our primary objective is to provide a warm, responsive and supportive atmosphere where children are able to learn and grow in all areas in a developmentally appropriate manner.
Our program and facilities provide a rich environment for learning and growth. A wide variety of activities and materials encourage the child’s emotional, intellectual, social, and physical development. Individual and group projects spark curiosity and stimulate the children to observe engage and experiment, become problem solvers, and acquire basic skills.
Our exceptionally caring, professionally qualified staff respects at the deepest level the education of young children. We have developed a curriculum rich in language and math readiness. A structured program is designed to provide opportunities for each child to acquire joy in learning, curiosity, and creativity, which will foster confidence and independence.
Today our school enrollment consists of approximately 110 students, aged 2-5 years. We have been fortunate over the years to attract an exceptional and dedicated group of teachers, who maintain the fine tradition of early childhood education for which the school is known.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Preferred - Master’s degree or matriculation in a Master’s degree program in Early Childhood Education or a related field
• Preferred: NY State Certification, or working towards Certification
The ideal candidate will:
• Be passionate about working with young children
• Have prior classroom experience
• Possess strong classroom management skills paired with an ability to plan and implement monthly/yearly curriculum, projects, and activities for the children
• Collaborate with colleagues, parents and administration
• Have excellent written, oral and video communication skills
• Have a flexible nature
• Be computer savvy and technologically able