Soaring Heights Charter School, established in 1997, is an academically high-performing K-8 public school in Jersey City, New Jersey. Managed and operated by the teachers, the school’s unique approach creates a fun and inspiring environment. Making the move from employee to employer happens naturally while fulfilling many of the roles, and performing many of the functions, traditionally performed by school administrators.
We are a collective of hard-working, enthusiastic educators seeking a full-time Special Education teacher to join our team for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year.
The mission of a Soaring Heights Charter School Special Education teacher is to provide in-class support and small class instruction including reinforcing lessons by working with individual students or small groups of students.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Interpersonal aptitude - Reinforce lessons presented by teachers by reviewing material with students one-on-one or in small groups
- Patience - Enforce school and class rules to help teach students proper behavior
- Organization - Help teachers with recordkeeping, such as tracking attendance and calculating grade
- Resourcefulness - Prepare for lessons by getting materials ready or setting up equipment
- Communication - Supervise students in class, between classes, during lunch and recess, and on field trips
Qualifications and Skills
Special Education Teaching Certificate
Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage options are available
$50,000.00 to $53,000.00 /year