Jamie discusses the importance of establishing a positive classroom culture with high expectations, to ensure successful classroom management.
- How and why to set your OWN behavioral expectations during the Demo.
- Ways to set clear expectations while also incorporating joy and encouragement in your lesson.
- Tips on quickly building rapport and relationships with your students throughout the lesson.
- Always set expectations at the beginning of a lesson by using a pre-made poster with three rules.
- Make your explanation extremely brief — then get into the lesson.
- Throughout the lesson, be sure to assess whether students understand the content being presented (Checks For Understanding).
LAUSD Candidates: Remember that your “students” are actually school interviewers. They will be modeling behaviors that are age-appropriate for the students you would be teaching. Be prepared to address and redirect behaviors when necessary!